How to keep your baby cool during the summer months
I think we all worry about our babies temperature from the moment they are born, so the warmer months can be a worrying and tricky time trying to ensure your baby doesn’t overheat. So I thought I’d share a few simple things we do to help keep Ella cooler during those sunny months below:
Remember these are just a few tips that we like to do with Ella, they are not recommendations or expert advice. Please visit the NHS website for further information on keeping your baby safe during hot weather.
- Get the padding pool out! Let your baby have a dip in a shallow padding pool to cool off whilst playing with their toys, its nice to dip your feet in too!
- Keep your baby in the shade throughout the day as much as you can, especially the hottest part of the day
- Let your baby play with ice cubes! Get a bowl or tray and pop some ice cubes in there for your baby to play with, it will keep them cool and also keep them occupied
- Make some homemade ice lollies. We have the Nuby Fruitsicle Moulds that I fill with pureed watermelon, kiwi, mango, yoghurt, strawberries, anything fruity really! Ella loves these, they keep her cool, hydrated and busy for ages!
- Keep your babies room cool throughout the day as much as you can. We keep the blinds and curtains shut in Ellas room to block out the sun
- For bedtime, we have a fan going in the early evening on the highest setting 30-60 minutes before bedtime, this helps further cool the room down. We then pop it onto the lowest setting once Ella is in her cot and have it at the other end of the room so that it doesn’t blow directly onto her. The fan acts as a great white noise whilst she’s sleeping too, win win!
What are your top tips for keeping your baby cool during the summer? Leave a comment below!